Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Why I Think Michael Jackson is Guilty

Personally, I tend to think that Michael Jackson has some "out of the ordinary" attraction to children. Whether or not he has done all of things he is accused of, I don't know. What strikes me most about the case is that Jackson does not seem to understand why people think it odd that he likes to share a bed with children, specifically young boys. This crystallized forcefully for me at 3:12 a.m. when I was carrying one of the little Janes (who has been eating more than I realized, at least given the amount of dead weight I was hefting) back to their room. Sharing a bed with children is not especially pleasant even if you love them dearly. They flop, up, down, sideways, snort, flail, kick, cling, and radiate far too much heat. The little Jane had snuck in beside me quietly enough that I didn't notice until I was whacked in the nose by a little fist, acting out who knows what dream. Many a parent has been bruised in the night by offspring sharing their bed. There are a number of reasons why many parents shift babies and young children to a separate sleeping space as quickly as possible, but simply trying to get a good night's sleep is surely chief among them. Michael Jackson may want children to share his bed but I doubt it has to do with rest.

No comments: