Sunday, February 12, 2006

weather report

I trekked out for a paper this morning (only to see the blue plastic delivery bag peeking through the snow on the driveway as I came home). My street was plowed sometime during the night but still has about a foot of snow on it. There was little traffic on the main road (about 9 a.m.), but I didn't see any cars slide or get stuck. The plow hasn't been by again (it's now 11:20 a.m.). The snow on the sidewalks is roughly a foot and a half high (measured against my knee and then a yardstick when I got home). Church was cancelled and I doubt ours was the only one.

It isn't good sledding snow -- the kids just sink. But a sidewalk that has been cleared provides a pretty slick surface and they went down that a few times. The youngest little Jane can't get around well -- not tall enough yet to get through the deep spots without getting stuck. The kids look like little butterballs in snowsuits and boots and coats, etc.

This morning when I went out there was still a stinging snow coming down but it seems to have stopped now. Other than forced ventures out for tag team parenting / sled & snow supervision, I plan on staying indoors today. It's cold and wet and very deep.

No comments: