Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Voter #4

When I voted at 7:40 a.m., I was voter #4 in my precinct. [sigh]

Usually I have to wait in line for at least a minute or two. This morning the place was deserted. The only good thing was that with the rain the people who loiter at the doors handing out paper weren't there and I didn't have to run the gauntlet.

Oh, I hope people go out and vote today. I've chatted it up with people I see regularly so much that they back away when they see me coming or dodge me completely. [another sigh]

As soon as the polls close I'll be glued to the tv for election results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine was #2 at 10am. Isn't turnout terrific?

Anonymous said...

I was #28 around noon up here in my division in the NE. I'm guessing the rain held down early turnout, though.