Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Dashed Clever Idea

From the inbox -- someone writes to tell me that Josh Shapiro held a birthday party / fundraiser / picnic in a park yesterday. No head count was included but Joe Hoeffel and Mike Paston were reported in attendance. What really struck me was that it was near a playground so people could bring their kids. What a clever idea! It would attract an audience that might not usually go to a political event. I know my chances of getting out of the house increase dramatically if I take the kids with me. Good idea. I wish more candidates would have an event like that.

1 comment:

eRobin said...

We have a venue in our township that's perfect for that. Political groups use it all the time for the reason you mention. Doug Platz, whom I supported in the 31st state rep race, did. Smart guy.