Monday, November 19, 2007

ERN Wants Montco Voter Feedback

From the inbox, the Election Reform Network would like to hear from Montgomery County voters.

Did the polls open promptly at 7 am and stay open until 8 pm? Was your polling place adequately staffed? Were poll workers knowledgeable and helpful? Were there problems with the machines? If you were a poll worker, were there difficulties in opening the back of the machines with the keys provided? Did there appear to be registration foul-ups, e.g., people in the same house registered in two different precincts or not registered at all, while claiming to have registered at the same time? Were there long lines or signs of attempts at voter intimidation? Did things run smoothly at your polling place, or was there confusion when questions arose?

Please let us know how things went, whether you worked at the polls or just came to vote. Include the number of your election district, or at least the site of your polling place.


There is a "contact us" page on their website (www.electionreformnetwork.us) that I think you can use to leave comments answering their questions.

Remember, they are only looking for Montgomery County voters right now. Maybe other areas will be requested later?

My polling place was quiet. The only problem was of our own making. Since we had some local offices to vote on as well as the statewide ones I made up a list of candidates running for various offices for Mr. J and me to work with. But just one copy so I had to wait for him to finish voting before I could get the list back. There was another booth open but I told the poll worker I had to wait for my list. He picked up a discarded GOP sample ballot that had been left on the poll workers' table and offered it to me; I told him that was not the list I needed. Chances are he wasn't supposed to do that but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was just trying to be helpful.

No comments: