Monday, December 10, 2007

Saying Hello to Michael Nutter

I’ve heard Michael Nutter speak a few times; he’s good at this, strings his words together well, shows some humor, interesting to listen to. It was only recently, however, that I had the opportunity to talk with him in person one on one. We both happened to be in the same place at the same time. I worked my way over to his side of the room. As the conversation he was in was winding down I tapped him on the sleeve and said hello. There is nothing I could say to him that he has not heard hundreds if not thousands of times before and my attempts at humor were probably more than feeble, but he was very pleasant and laughed in the right spot.

No one man can save a city but he can provide the leadership that brings out the best in others and brings together disputing parties. I have high hopes for the city with a Mayor Nutter at the helm.

1 comment:

ACM said...

I feel optimistic as well. Nutter seems to have a no-bullshit response to a lot of the bullshit-prone areas of city functioning, and his thought process is relatively logical and open, even when I don't agree with his every conclusion. Plus, his self-imposed fundraising limits for the inauguration bode well for his continuing to put principle above patronage...