Monday, June 23, 2014

Lynn Yeakel Suppors Mary Ellen Balchunis

from the inbox, a note of support for Mary Ellen Balchunis, Democratic candidate for the 7th congressional district, from Lynn Yeakel:

As many of you know, I have been working for decades to get more women into elective office, including having run three times myself at the federal and state levels. We need more women in government to represent the views and voices of our half of the population, and Pennsylvania is among the bottom 10% of states in the nation in electing women.

I applaud Mary Ellen Balchunis for challenging the incumbent in PA's 7th Congressional District and am personally supporting her candidacy. Mary Ellen is a Professor at La Salle and has worked hard as a volunteer for other Democratic candidates, including me. She also is a champion of women's health concerns and has been active in efforts to end sexual assaults on college campuses and to increase public awareness of human trafficking. These are issues I care deeply about.
Running against an incumbent is a daunting task, as I well know. So Mary Ellen needs help, especially with funding for her campaign. A filing deadline is coming up on June 30 and I hope you will join me in making a contribution before that date.

Thanks for your consideration.
Lynn Yeakel
 

No comments: