Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Dwight Evans Wants You to Wear Pants

from the inbox, a note from Dwight Evans:


Every day, it seems like the Republicans in Washington, D.C. are making it harder for folks to get by -- and now they seem to think people don't even have a right to the dignity of wearing pants:

"You don't have a right to pants, you don't have a right to health care, you don't have a right to water." -- Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)
Well, I have a message for Senator Paul:

People do have the right to health care. They do have the right to clean drinking water. And people do have the right to get up in the morning, put on a pair of pants, and feel the pride and security that comes from a good job.

I'm running for Congress to help end this nonsense so we can get to work on a new national plan for America's cities, building up every neighborhood. And that starts with investing in people -- raising the minimum wage, paid family leave, and jobs that can support a family.

I put on my pants just like everyone else: one leg at a time, and I'm going to get up every day and fight for Philadelphia, block by block, just like I've always done.

No comments: